Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Reflections: June 16-17, 2007

This week's "Reflection" by Bob Erickson Interim Pastor of Teaching

This weekend we saw the faith of a new generation that was willing to take the first step for God into the Jordan River.  We all have Jordan rivers to cross and often we hesitate to cross over, desiring some assurance from God that everything will be OK.  When we do respond to God in faith and take the first step it is then that we see the miracles of God.  How has God worked in your life as you have taken first steps for Him?  Thank Him for His faithfulness to not let us drown!    

2 comments:

  1. The definition of faith was a good one. You have to take the first step and God will meet you. I know for me I am afraid that if I take the first step to get my toe wet I might end up in deep water over my head. In the last year I have had to take many steps of faith. The feeling right before is fear, like you have before you jump in. But, I have found I have never gone in over my head. God has met my needs and answered my prayers every time. It's not always the answer I thought I would get but i has always been what I needed. Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many times throughout my life, I have thought God would not be able to work something good out of something bad, when it happened. But true to His Word and love for me and my family, I always saw Him work everything out and He has ALWAYS been faithful. Now, when something happens, I try hard to REMEMBER this and know that He is in control of my life and He has never failed to provide all of my needs. I always have to ask forgiveness for even doubting. But, as Staci said, it's the fear we get, before we jump in feeling, that happens to all of us.
    Bob, our son was here visiting, last weekend, and he really enjoyed your sermon!

    ReplyDelete