Monday, January 11, 2010

Reflections: January 10, 2010

This week I mentioned a time in my life when I was in the "secret service" for the Lord. I think we can fall into a routine of being thankful for our own salvation and the grace we experience from God. But this routine can lead us to forget about the people in our neighborhood, or the people at work, or the people at school who need Jesus.
 
Looking at the life of the apostle Paul can shake us up a bit and, well, it should. He is a good example of someone who was not in the "secret service" for the Lord and who "loved out loud." And why was that? Well one of the biggest reasons had to do with his understanding of the love of Christ for him and for all people (2 Corinthians 5:14). My prayer this week is that that same understanding of the love that compelled Paul would compel us to "love out loud." 

No comments:

Post a Comment