Monday, February 22, 2010

Reflections: February 21, 2010

This week's Reflection by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor

Wii BelieveWii Believe in the Bible
 
As I reflect a bit on this Wii Believe series, I realize that many people would agree with the first part of 2 Timothy 3:16 - the part that declares that the Bible is the inspired word of God. But then we arrive at the second part of that verse where Paul lists four ways the Bible is useful. When we get to that part I wonder if we pause and say, "Wait a minute, I'm not sure I want the Bible to correct my life. I'll read the Bible for information, but I don't want it to correct my life."
 
If that is the case, then we haven't yet believed the first part of the verse. It's my contention that "Wii Believe" doesn't really happen until we put into practice what we say we believe. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment