Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reflections: January 31, 2010


This week's Reflection by Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

As I continue to reflect on the impact that Onesiphorus had on Paul, and the encouragement that he was able to bring, it really gives me hope that though I feel unprepared to handle many situations, I can know that I am not alone as I am filled with the Holy Spirit and the gifts He has given me. I also know that I can trust that God will send me an Onesiphorus –  a "help-bringer" – in my times of need.

It also raises my awareness of opportunities that I can be a "help-bringer" to others in need. As I may prefer to shy away from opportunities, I need to be reminded that the Lord has called me to love out loud, and being a "help-bringer" is a crucial part of that call.

What are some opportunities that you have had to be a "help bringer" in a situation? Was there a time in your life when God sent a "help-bringer" to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment