Thursday, February 18, 2010

This Weekend's Message: What Wii Believe About the Bible

Wii Believe
What Wii Believe About the Bible
2 Timothy 3:16-17

I don't own a Wii gaming system, but at times I get to play at my grandson's house. He even helped me create my own Mii (see below). We always have a good time and he always beats me. In fact, when we play together, he (age five) instructs me on how to play and when to sit out and wait for him. It's always a good time. I laugh a lot and he is patient with me!

One thing I've noticed about the Wii games is that there are different stages that must be completed. Just about the time you finish one stage, another one becomes available to experience and challenge you. I think the farthest I've ever made it to is stage three and that took a very long time.

This week starts a new eight-week series we are calling "Wii Believe." Just like in the game, there are stages of learning for Christians. During this series we will look at eight different stages - each one having an importance of its own, but each one building on the other. This week we will start by looking at what "wii believe" about the Bible. In a time where Christians are challenged to consider whether the Bible is true or not, it is important to ground ourselves once again to what "wii believe."

We are also inviting you to share your Mii with us! Check out our Facebook Fan page and share your Mii! It's just a fun thing we are doing!

See you Sunday!
Gary Keith
Gary Keith's Mii

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pastor Gary,
    Sunday's service was great! It was wonderful to listen to you sing and play the piano. What a gift!!
    With love,
    Debbie K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Gary,
    Thank you for last Sunday's service. It was a wonderful message. Also I think the alter call was great & that we should have more of them. And "You & the piano", what a blessing for us! You have many God given talents. I just thank God for sending me to LBF.
    Thank you,
    Judy Price.

    ReplyDelete