Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Weekend's Message: Love for a Savior

Love for a Savior
Matthew 7:13-29
 
I'm one of those people who are part of the Facebook community. And as part of that community there are times I get asked to be a "fan" of something. In fact I said yes to being a "fan" of Life Bible Fellowship Church. And that is a good thing because I believe in LBF. But there are other "fan" requests that I turn down. I think we all have people and groups and sports teams that we are fans of. And then there are other people, groups, and sports teams we are not fans of. Why is that?
This week as we finish up our "Love Out Loud" series, we will learn that with Jesus, He doesn't want just fans, He wants followers. What is the difference between being a "fan" and a "follower?" We'll explore the difference this Sunday as we look at the end of the most important sermon ever given.
Pastor Gary Keith

3 comments:

  1. (repost from Facebook)
    Tamara Harrison-Kwinn
    Christ has caused me to rid myself of anger, rage, negative attitudes. They rear their heads, but the Spirit is quick to convict me and call me to the foot of the cross. I share this as evidence of how good the news of the gospel is. I am hopeful that God is passing all of this to others through my life. I deeply desire to pass a legacy of Good news of great joy. God put that in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the possibility of having a church full of followers as opposed to fans is an awesome thing to visualize. Very inspirational sermon. It's exciting to be challenged to always remember to live a real, authentic, christian life! Thanks Gary and Jeff for your great Love Out Loud series!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sermon to live like a follower of Jesus, rather than a fan, really spoke to me. I know that at times I am like a fan of Jesus, but I strive to be a follower. Thanks for the phenomenal sermon Gary! It was a a very powerful message, and you were obviously led by the Holy Spirit as you conveyed these truths. The altar call and your singing at the end of the service moved me to tears. Thank you Gary and Jeff for being true followers of Christ, and relaying the Word of God with all your heart, soul and mind. The "Love Out Loud" series was awesome!

    ReplyDelete