Monday, March 15, 2010

Reflections: March 14, 2010

By Jeff Taylor, Pastor of Teaching & Worship

Wii BelieveTo be good, or not to be good...that is NOT the question. As I think about this idea of goodness, and then consider the passage in Romans 3 that tells me that I am not good, and in fact no one is, it makes me stop and literally sigh in relief that the bad choices I make and the ways that I sin against God, are not going to cost me my very life. The truth that I have been redeemed and that as my heart is before God I am seen as holy and precious, brings me such a sense of gratefulness that I can do nothing other than praise Him. You and I don’t have to walk around wondering if we measure up. Through Christ we measure up. We don’t have to live in fear that we are not good enough. Through Christ we are good enough. We don’t have to spend our days consumed with the fear, wondering whether there was a rule we forgot or a sin that is not covered. Through Christ we are covered.
 
So, if being good is not what saves us, what role should it play in a Christian’s life? Do you view goodness as an obligation or as a product of a relationship with Christ?
 
Have a great week living in the knowledge that you are redeemed!

No comments:

Post a Comment