Thursday, April 15, 2010

This Weekend's Message: Be the Church

This Weekend's Message by Gary Keith, Executive & Teaching Pastor
 
I’m one of those people who like new adventures in life. I like to try new things especially if it involves the outdoors, cars or airplanes! When it comes to movies I also like adventure. One of my favorite movie series is Indiana Jones; The man with the fedora and leather jacket skirting around the world in search of priceless artifacts – What could be more fun?


I got thinking about all of this adventure because this week we start a new series through the book of Acts. I look at the book of Acts like this wonderful new adventure. The main characters are asked to spread the news of Jesus and his resurrection around the world but are faced with the uncertainty of how people will respond to this message. At every corner adventure awaits.
 
In our study we will learn about how the Christian church got started in Jerusalem and how it grew throughout the world. And in the process we will learn how to “Be the Church” of the 21st century. Our adventure begins as we start with Acts chapter 1. See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment