Thursday, March 17, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Dependent

Dependent
Romans 4:1-15

There was a time in my life when I thought being self-sufficient was the goal. I was taught to work hard, earn my way, and don’t be a burden to society. Now when it comes to my place in society, some of this may be good, but what about my spiritual life? What about my relationship with God? Is self-sufficiency the goal? Am I to earn my way with God? Am I to work hard to make God accept me?
This week as we continue our series called "Define the Relationship," Paul speaks to these questions. This idea of being dependent on God is something that is difficult to grasp. We Americans especially have a tough time understanding this idea because being self-sufficient is a big part of our culture. Come this Sunday and see how Paul describes what it means to be dependent in our relationship with God.
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment