Thursday, March 3, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Guilty


Guilty
Romans 3:9-20

If we are going to really define our relationship with God we’ve got to hear it all. Chuck Swindoll says, “There are preachers today who don’t want to focus on the negative side of Christian truth – the terminal disease of sin. They prefer to remain focused only on the positive.”  
I agree with Chuck when he talks about going to a doctor. I know that when I go to the doctor I don’t want to hear only the good news, I want to hear it all – I want the truth – the plain, ugly, undistorted truth about my body. If my doctor finds something wrong I want to know about it right now!
That’s what Paul is doing again this week as he wraps up this “bad news” section of Romans. The good news is that our condition is treatable. But for us to really be grateful for the good news, we must first wrestle with and understand completely the bad news.
Gary Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment