Thursday, March 10, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Trusting

Would you ever be willing to pay the consequences for someone else's actions? Would you ever allow someone you love to suffer the consequences for someone else's actions?

It should be pretty clear by now that we all fall way short of living lives that are anywhere near what they would need to be in order to earn our salvation. Nonetheless, Paul will remind us one more time as we wrap up chapter 3 of Romans. But this week we will also discover how God has made a way for us to be saved based on relationship rather that ritual. As we continue to define the relationship we are at a point where God is asking if we will trust Him with our lives.
See ya Sunday!
Jeff
 

1 comment:

  1. I was most inspired by the teachings of a man named Major Ian Thomas. I met him and saw him speak at Church in San Diego in 97... he passed in 07. He is off the charts, amazing. Given what you're going to teach on Sunday, I think you should review these 4 youtubes of him. Search Ian Thomas Knowing Jesus Part1...there are 4 parts about 10 minutes each. If you are not totally blessed, and thrilled by them, email me back, and I will owe you a coffee from the cafe at church!!! I just finished listening to them again. How anointed, and clever this man was. A real saint and a man who truly understood God's purpose for our lives!!!!

    PS, just for listening, I'll get you a coffee anyway...let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete