Thursday, January 17, 2013

This Weekend's Message: Rich Living


I happened to read a story this week about the perks of being a CEO of companies like Amazon or Coca-Cola or Boeing. As I read the article I couldn’t help but dream a little about what it must be like to live with the perks of a private jet at your disposal or have such a large estate that I need my company to pay for private security and other alarm systems. Or to have a luxurious car and driver ready to take me anywhere I want to go. Pretty nice, huh? Now that is rich living for sure.

But then on the same day, I read the passage for this week’s message and it struck me how huge the contrast was between the lives of the CEOs of today and the people Paul is writing about. And as I thought about it more and more, I soon realized that rich living can come in different forms. Now to be clear, I wouldn’t mind living the rich life of a CEO for awhile to see what it was like, but as I paused and took my thoughts to God in prayer and reflected on both ideas of rich living, I told God that I want to learn more about the rich living He has in store for me.

Come this week and let’s learn together about the “rich living” God has planned for us as we passionately pursue life in Jesus.

See you Sunday!
Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment