Thursday, January 13, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Consumed With Contentment

If I could think of one word to describe what destroys any contentment that I strive for in my life, it would be this: Ebay. As soon as I feel that I am content with what I have, Ebay is there to tell me of all the better or different stuff that I have yet to accumulate!

Contentment should be our constant pursuit, a pursuit that leads through a relationship with Christ. But all too often the pursuit is one of accumulation; a pursuit of happiness through getting all we can. But what affect does discontent have on our ability to give? What kind of link is there between contentment and generosity? This weekend we are going to explore that link, and see what Jesus has to say about contentment and
giving living.

See ya Sunday,
Jeff 

No comments:

Post a Comment