Wednesday, January 5, 2011

This Weekend's Message: Whose Stuff Is It?

Whose stuff is it?


The lines were long and the tickets were going fast on Tuesday night as people came to buy that all-important “winning” lottery ticket. You have to admit winning $355 million sounds pretty good, right? I sure could do a lot of good with $355 million. If I had that kind of money I could definitely be a generous person. Yes I could...but would I?


This week we start a four-week series about becoming generous people. The current economic climate has caused everyone to become more aware of their resources (or lack of them). And the tendency is to hold on to all you can. But even in this climate as followers of Jesus we are called to be generous with all that God has blessed us with (even if we never win the lottery). Someone once told me, “I can write the story of your spiritual life by looking at your checkbook.” There is no doubt that one of the measures of our spiritual maturity is the way we handle money and our stuff.


So the obvious question becomes, how should followers of Jesus handle their money and their stuff? That is what we want to talk about for the next four weeks. This week we’re going to start by asking, “Whose stuff is it?” I look forward to seeing you on Sunday! God Bless.
Gary Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment