Wednesday, January 19, 2011

This Weekend's Message: LOL Giving

LOL Giving
2 Corinthians 9:1-15



Laughing is good for what ails us. We all need a good laugh once in a while. In fact laughing is good for our health. I think about those times that something really strikes me as funny and I just start laughing. And then this laughing becomes uncontrollable and my stomach starts hurting and my eyes start watering and it just feels so very good. And when the laughing episode is over I feel better. Can you relate?


As we continue our series on being “Defined by Generosity,” this week we will look at our giving. Now I realize this can be a touchy subject for many, but the Bible says some pretty interesting things about how we should give. Many of you are probably familiar with the verse that says, “God loves a cheerful giver.” Our passage this week covers that verse and it got me thinking: When I give do I give with the same emotions and feelings I have as I do when I’m laughing uncontrollably? Do I feel as good after I’ve given as I do when I stop laughing? Is it possible to be a “cheerful” giver when I really want to hold onto my stuff?


These are some of the questions we’ll look at this week as learn about being a LOL Giver. See you Sunday!
Gary Keith

No comments:

Post a Comment